At this stage, the submissions guidelines are pretty simple. It would also help the new direction of The Poetry Jar if you could include a short explanation on your submitted piece, detailing your inspirations and choice of unconventional subject matter. The aim is to open windows for readers who may not have otherwise thought of your respective concept/discipline/subject in such a way as you do. A short biography (100 words max) would also be advantageous, as it would provide context for your creative work.
- Any form of poetry is accepted.
- Short stories should be less than 1000 words.
- Dialogue pieces should be less than two pages of A4 typed in size 12 font and double spaced.
- Copyright rests with the author.
- There is no payment given for successful submissions.
- Response times are variable.
- Electronic submissions only.
- Submissions and/or bio’s should be sent to email@example.com.
- Submissions should appear in the body of the text, NOT AS ATTACHMENTS.
- Emails with attachments will be deleted.
- A maximum of three poems/one short story/one scripted dialogue will be read in a single submission.
- Simultaneous submissions are fine.
- Individual feedback is available at this stage but this may change.
- Previously published work is fine, as long as it doesn’t interfere with other guidelines you might be honouring.